My photo
Welcome! My name is Elizabeth and I'm a home schooling' mama to one little Monkey. We are currently using My Father's World first grade and these are our adventures!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Paying it forward...best feeling in the world!

I herd about a family who lost their baby at 8 months old today. They are doing a benefit for the family on 6/30/12 to help raise money for a urn, and to cover the cost of the funeral. After hearing about this I thought it was a great opportunity to pay it forward. I contacted the funeral home, and told them that our family would pay for the urn for the baby. We are paying it forward in honor of Maggie, and ALL the people that helped us out along her journey. It brings tears to my eyes to be able to not only honor my daughter,but this baby as well. I cried in the shower today thinking of this family, and the mother of the baby. I sobbed so hard because I know first hand the battles of what she is going through,but one battle that I did not have to worry about for long was the expenses of Maggie funeral, and burial arrangements. I am so glad that we can take some of Maggie's money to ease this families pain.
I have been thinking about Maggie an awful lot today. Some tears have come.but for the most part it has been peaceful thoughts. I thank her for the lessons she has taught me, and I am so grateful to have spent the time carrying her.

You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.- UNKOWN

My Maggie lived.... I will never be able to repay her for what she gave me.. now I can only take the lessons, and apply them to my life :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! It is wonderful to be able to honor Maggie so quickly after her brief life. You will continue to have opportunities to bless others because of your precious Maggie

    ReplyDelete